What is it?
When is it on?
Where is it?
How can I buy/sell tickets?
How is MPRT leveraging this event?
How can YOUR business leverage this event?
Details about the Event
The event is an Australian and Asian Region ﬁrst with a product that has broad audience appeal. The Dreamworks ﬁlm franchises are some of the highest globally recognised brands with audience appeal for both adults and children. The event has only ever appeared twice before; in South America and United Kingdom, and is a first in the Asia Pacific region. The exclusive nature of this event and the attraction of the franchise make this an opportunity that is ideal to cement the position of Victoria as events capital for the region, and the Mornington Peninsula as a destination.
This event creates a timed ‘call to action’ for the family market, encouraging visitors to come into region. The timed nature of the experience encourages dispersal before and after, and the location is far south enough to encourage visitors to stay overnight.
Combining the most extraordinary characters from Dreamworks along with a legendary oriental tradition, the Lights by Dreamworks – The Experience exhibition will contain illuminated ﬁgures of Shrek, Kung Fu Panda, How to train Your Dragon and Madagascar movies, plus there will be:
• 190+ characters
• 200+ scenographic pieces
• 200+ LED furnishings
• 20+ light trees
• interactive themed technology and learning zones
• video loops from all movies immersive cinema experience
• animatronic dragons
The event design will enable patrons to experience the different Dreamworks franchises in an interactive and immersive manner.
Note: Dreamworks are very strict about copyright infringements. Please do NOT use any character images or logos without their permission. When referring to the event in words, the event should be called “Lights By Dreamworks – the Experience”
The event will be held March 25 – April 30 2017 to take advantage of Victorian and the following State schools holidays New South Wales, South Australia and Tasmania. There will be up to 4 sessions per day of 2.5 hours each. The timed sessions ensures that visitors have time to explore the region before and after. Initially sessions will be daily over school holidays, then weekends, but there is scope to add extra sessions midweek from 17 April – 30 April based on demand.
The Village Green on the Rosebud Foreshore
Tickets are on sale via Ticketmaster, national ticketing agent to enable easy cross border purchasing.
MPRT has negotiated the ability to sell tickets as part of packages offered through the Regional Booking Service. For more information contact email@example.com
The event has established strategic partnerships with the Showtime Attractions, Dreamworks, the Mornington Peninsula Regional Tourism Board, State Government, Mornington Peninsula Shire Council, plus major national media outlets including (but not limited to) Channel 9, News Corp, Smooth and Nova. The event organiser is spending millions of dollars promoting the event through billboards, television commercials, print media (and more) covering major advertising campaigns Locally, Intrastate and Interstate.
Visit Victoria will also be heavily promoting the event (and the region) during this period.
Mornington Peninsula Regional Tourism – Leveraging
MPRT will also be conducting specific marketing activities to maximise the benefit to the region of this event by encouraging dispersal and yield. For example:
- A dedicated website landing page www.visitmp.org/lightsbydreamworks within the regional tourism website with links to ticketing, packages, experience passes, itinerary ideas, family activity suggestions
- Feature Pods across key pages of the website linking to the landing page
- Integrated event messaging within a 20 page Family Fun eMagazine – used in Showtimes, Visit Victoria’s and our own regional marketing activities….you can use it as well…..just link to it on the site.
- Pop up visitor information services near the event are being explored
- Social media: sharing Lights by Dreamworks www.facebook.com/lightsbydreamworksaustralia/ social posts that resonate with the MP brand
- Villages Selfie displays – stand alone signage to encourage people to take a selfie with the featured character and use the hashtags #lightsbydreamworks2017. These will be promoted through dedicated tear off maps showing the locations of the characters…. Map and Locations in final stages of development.
- Competition: to collect email addresses for the MPRT eNewsletter database in the ‘family’ sector. Entrants can win a visit from Alex the lion to your school to run a circus school class
MPRT Industry and Campaign Partner opportunities
- Follow lights on social media www.facebook.com/lightsbydreamworksaustralia/ and share content with a context post ie “just down the road…” check out the regional tourism social for ideas. Use the hashtag #lightsbydreamworks2017 to pull into the live social feed online
- Accommodation on the Regional Booking Service – complete the survey link HERE to include the option to sell Lights Ticket with your accommodation inventory
- Hand out tear off maps (coming soon) to encourage visitor dispersal and postcards to encourage competition entries
- Make sure your visitmorningtonpeninsula.org listing is up to date – especially opening hours
- Make sure your Visit Victoria website listing (through ATDW) is up to date – get your promo code from MPRT if it needs renewal as you get a discount!
- Promote the event on your website or email using the button provided and embedding the link www.visitmp.org/lightsbydreamworks